Our Membership Program and Guidelines
Upon enrolment parents will sign an acknowledgement that they understand and will follow our policies.
We are a members’ only privately run facility and your child can start lessons once membership has been accepted. Your child’s position in class is secured after depositing payment in advance.
Enrolment can start at any time and is applied the following rules:
- Each student will attend on the same day and time each week;
- Partial payments are not accepted;
- We will not transfer memberships and lessons to other people, including family members;
- We only credit membership and lessons if Little Fishes is at fault;
- Little Fishes has a planned closure during public holidays and for up to two weeks during the Christmas/New Year period. You are not charged for these periods;
- We cannot guarantee teacher schedules.
Lesson fees are paid in advance and only current, paid members can attend classes. You can hold position in a class only with payment.
We provide a electronic direct debit form that you need to complete in our customer portal upon enrollment. A deduction will be made monthly from your nominated bank account on the first Monday of each month
Failed Direct Debit payments must be paid for prior to the next scheduled lesson and a $15 late fee will charged.
If Little Fishes adjusts its fees, you will be given a minimum of 30 days’ notice.
We offer one make-up lesson per calendar month for notified absences that comply with our policy. Unused make-up lessons do not accumulate.
A make-up lesson is valid for 30 days from the date when the notified lesson was missed.
You need to notify us of an absence before the class starts. If you do not provide notice during the specified timeframe, you are not eligible for a make-up lesson.
Unused make-up lessons are forfeited upon cancellation of membership.
We cannot re-schedule missed make-up lessons.
We can only offer make-up lesson if our classes are not full in order to obtain a make up lesson you must mark your child as absent in the customer portal, as we do not overbook classes.
Missing two consecutive classes with no communication from the family results in Little Fishes’ right to cancel the membership without offering a refund.
Mandatory swim apparel for students:
- Swim nappies for children who are not toilet-trained under 3 years old is compulsory;
- Swimming cap;
- Rash vest for parents who join their kids during lessons – children can reach and hold the parent’s shirt instead of being lifted and held by the adult;
- Pool shoes.
Streetwear is not permitted in the pool area.
Capturing your child on camera at Little Fishes is allowed only by following these rules:
- You can capture images or conversations of other people only with consent from those individuals or their parents;
- No cameras allowed in change room areas and showers;
- You need to comply with staff requests to discontinue camera use if someone’s privacy is breached;
- You need to inform us directly if you do not want to have photos or videos of your child taken and used for marketing purposes.
Cancellations are accepted with two week’s written notice. Paid fees are not refunded unless Little Fishes is responsible for the cancellation.
We reserve the right to make member cancellations if your child conducts inappropriately at the Little Fishes site.
Our members are expected to:
- Comply with Little Fishes rules and policies;
- Follow staff directions;
- Inform staff on pre-existing illnesses and injuries or medical conditions;
- Pay fees on time;
- Inform staff on changes of personal details, such as contact information and bank details;
- Be respectful to staff, students, and parents;
- Supervise children during parent and child classes;
- Not bring food and glass containers at the pool area;
- Be responsible for their personal belongings. Lost belongings that are not recovered are personally donated to charity;
- Skip classes for two weeks after incidents of communicable illnesses.